Exploring Essential Oils, by Cole L. Woolley, PhD
Increase your essential oil mastery about plant production of essential oils, chemical composition on the molecular level, types of distillation, and methods of diffusion.
Learn the basic chemistry behind essential oils, how plants use and store essential oils, how essential oils are collected from plants, the basics of steam and hydro-distillation, and different ways to diffuse essential oils.
- • 106 examples of essential oil molecules.
- • 155 words for an essential oil vocabulary.
- • 64 unique illustrations, graphs and diagrams.
- • 58 learning challenges.
Purpose: Education. (Click here for information on the difference between Marketing and Educational materials.)
Size: 6" x 9".
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cole L. Woolley, PhD, is an expert at simplifying technical concepts about essential oils. He began analyzing essential oils while completing his doctoral degree in chemistry at Brigham Young University. He has traveled the world as a scientist, an inventor, a businessman, a writer, a product developer, a marketer, and a speaker. In his spare time he enjoys activities with his family, researching family history, trail running in the mountains of Utah, gardening, botany, sports, travel, cultures, and classical art and music.
- Introduction: What You Need to Know About Essential Oils
- Chapter 1: Essential Oils Are
- Chapter 2: Plants Grow
- Chapter 3: Plants Produce and Store Essential Oils
- Chapter 4: Plants Use Essential Oils
- Chapter 5: Plants Are Intelligent
- Chapter 6: Monoterpene Molecules
- Chapter 7: Oxygenated Monoterpene Molecules
- Chapter 8: Sesquiterpene Molecules
- Chapter 9: Diterpene Molecules
- Chapter 10: Triterpene Molecules
- Chapter 11: Tetraterpene Molecules
- Chapter 12: Collecting Distilled Essential Oils
- Chapter 13: Collecting Cold-pressed Citrus Oils
- Chapter 14: Diffusing Essential Oils with Active Diffusers
- Chapter 15: Diffusing Essential Oils with Passive Diffusers
- Chapter 16: How Aromas Change after Applying Essential Oils
- Chapter 17: Share Your Experience