Relaxing Massage Oils
Massage oils make fantastic personalized gifts for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, or any other special occasion. Give a single bottle, or create a massage gift-pack with several varieties of oils.
- Pour one ounce of pure vegetable oil in a small cup or bowl (one ounce equals 1/8 cup, 2 tablespoons, or approximately 30 milliliters). Some oils that work well for massage are jojoba oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, or sesame seed oil.
- Add 15-30 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend to the vegetable oil and stir together. Some oils that might work well either individually or as part of a blend are listed below.
- Oils that are good for a calming or relaxing massage oil include: cedarwood, Roman chamomile, lavender, Clary sage, jasmine, myrrh, or ylang ylang.
- Some oils that would create a more invigorating or energizing massage oil include: cypress, fir, juniper, lemon, nutmeg, orange, grapefruit or peppermint.
- Some oils that can be used to create a more romantic massage oil include: rose, jasmine, clary sage, rosewood, or ylang ylang.
- Pour the combined oils into a one-ounce amber glass bottle, a one-ounce plastic bottle, or into two half-ounce plastic dropper bottles.
- Create a label or gift-tag that says what kind of massage oil it is, what the ingredients are, and how to use it (for example, your label or gift-tag might read: "Peaceful Moment Massage Oil: Contains pure grapeseed oil and natural essential oils of lavender and chamomile. Apply to desired area and massage oil into the skin.").
- Create relaxation gift packs with any combination of massage oils, scented candles, relaxing music CDs, Vita Flex rollers, or (for someone special) gift certificates for a free massage.
If you are looking for some great blend ideas that you can use to create a wonderfully scented massage oil, one of the best sources is the book 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy by Carol & David Schiller. This book contains over 150 different massage oil formulas that can be used for many different purposes.