Fun Massage Oil Gift Certificates
unique gift certificates are a fun way to surprise someone you love
with a massage this Valentine's Day! Each certificate comes with small
sample of easy-to-make massage oil in a fun dispensing container that
can be used for that special massage, or any other time.
- Fill a 1/2 oz. Natural Dropper Bottle nearly to the top with a light vegetable oil. Some oils that work well for massage are jojoba oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, or sesame seed oil.
- Add 5–10 drops of your favorite essential oil or blend to the massage oil. Some oils that might work well either individually or as part of a blend are listed below.
- Oils that are good for a calming or relaxing massage oil include: cedarwood, Roman chamomile, lavender, Clary sage, jasmine, myrrh, or ylang ylang.
- Some oils that would create a more invigorating or energizing massage oil include: cypress, fir, juniper, lemon, nutmeg, orange, grapefruit or peppermint.
- Some oils that can be used to create a more romantic massage oil include: rose, jasmine, clary sage, rosewood, or ylang ylang.
- Place the dropper cap and the outer white cap on the 1/2 oz. dropper bottle, and shake to mix the massage oil together.
- Download this template
(in PDF format) with several different pre-formatted options for your
gift certificate. On the last one, you can also replace the text with
your own message by typing over the words.
- Print the completed template on an ivory,
cream, or light pastel colored paper. Cut out your selected
certificate; then fold the hand forward near the dashed line.
- Place a strip of double-stick tape along
the edge of the certificate near the hand, and adhere the massage oil
sample along this tape. Place another small piece of double-stick tape
on the back (palm) of the hand, and adhere the hand to the front of the
massage oil sample.
- Use markers, small acrylic jewels, charms, or other items to decorate the hand and wrist as desired.
- Create massage gift packs with any combination of massage oil certificates, scented candles, relaxing music CDs, Vita Flex rollers, or other massage accessories.
- To keep your massage recipient warm and comfortable during the massage, try using a fleece-topped massage table warmer.
You can also heat one or two bricks in a 400° oven until they are warm,
wrap the brick in a towel, and place it in a small cooler. Place sheets
on top of the brick for 10–15 minutes until they are warm, and use them
to cover the recipient during the massage
If you are looking for some great blend ideas that you can use to create a wonderfully scented massage oil, one of the best sources is the book 500 Formulas for Aromatherapy by Carol & David Schiller. This book contains over 150 different massage oil formulas that can be used for many different purposes.