You could be experiencing unexplained weight gain, fatigue, mood swings, loss of libido, fibroids, tender or lumpy breasts, endometriosis, PMS, infertility, memory loss, migraines, very heavy or light periods, cold hands and feet, or a combination of these symptoms. You may have been told they're nothing, or stress, or menopause—and then offered surgery, antidepressants, or prescription hormones.
But the startling truth is that you may be suffering from premenopause syndrome, and there are simple, safe solutions. When John Lee wrote the groundbreaking
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Menopause, younger women started asking if natural progesterone could help them too. With women's health expert Jesse Hanley, MD, Dr. Lee now brings you a revolutionary, nonprescription "Balance Program" to restore your gynecological health, energy, and sex drive. Learn how to slow the aging process before menopause and beyond.
Size: 5" x 8".
John R. Lee, MD, is internationally acknowledged as a pioneer and expert in the study and use of the hormone progesterone and on the subject of hormone replacement therapy for women. He used transdermal progesterone extensively in his clinical practice for nearly a decade, doing research that showed that it can reverse osteoporosis.
Dr. Lee has had a distinguished medical career after graduating from Harvard and the University of Minnesota Medical School. He retired from a 33-year family practice in northern California to write and travel around the world speaking to doctors, scientists, and lay people about progesterone.
Dr. Lee taught a popular course on optimal health at the College of Marin for 15 years. He is the author of the best-selling book
What Your Doctor May Not Tell you about Menopause (Warner Books, 1996) and editor of the John R. Lee, MD, Medical Letter.
Jesse Hanley, MD, is the medical director of Malibu Health Center and Malibu Health & Rehabilitation. She has been recognized on several occasions for her outstanding contributions to the holistic medical community and was the health expert on Wake Up America for KFOX radio.
Virginia Hopkins, MA, is a medical writer specializing in women's health and nutrition, and she has written or coauthored 24 books on women's health, alternative health, and nutrition.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I: Getting Acquainted
- Life Cycles and Hormone Cycles
- Chapter 1—Premenopause as a Life Cycle
- Chapter 2—The Importance of Hormone Balance
- Chapter 3—The Estrogens: Angels of Life, Angels of Death
- Chapter 4—Progesterone and Progestins: The Great Protector and the Great Impostors
- Chapter 5—How We Got into Xenohormone Hell and How to Get Out
- Part II: When Your Body Talks, Listen
- What's Causing Premenopause Syndrome Symptoms and How to Treat Them
- Chapter 6—How (and Why) to Keep Your Uterus and Save Your Cervix
- Chapter 7—Cycles, Follicles, and Ovaries
- Chapter 8—PMS: And When She Was Good She Was Very, Very Good, and When She Was Bad She Was Horrid
- Chapter 9—Tired Adrenals Equals a Tired Woman
- Chapter 10—Other Premenopause Syndrome Symptoms and Solutions
- Chapter 11—The Dangers of Hormonal Contraceptives
- Chapter 12—The Relationship of Hormones to Breast Cancer and Other Women's Cancers
- Part III: The Premenopause Balance Program
- Practical Steps for Optimal Health
- Chapter 13—Restoring and Maintaining Balance
- Chapter 14—How Nutrition Affects Your Hormone Balance
- Chapter 15—How Exercise Affects Your Hormone Balance
- Chapter 16—How to Use Natural Progesterone
- Chapter 17—How to Use Other Natural Hormones