Nearly every frightening thing you've been told about the sun is false! As an anti-cancer, anti-aging breakthrough, sunlight and vitamin D3 may save your life!
"I was delighted when Marc Sorenson sent me his manuscript,
Vitamin D3 and Solar Power, for colleague review and comment. This book fills an important need for a comprehensive source of information on the health benefits of solar UVB and vitamin D, as well as the risk factors for skin cancer and melanoma, while simultaneously providing extensive references for those who want to read the original papers. He has also done his homework, synthesizing the important literature for each topic covered. This book will be an important step in moving the UVB/vitamin D agenda forward. If I had written a book on UVB and vitamin D, this would have been it."—William B. Grant, PhD, SUNARC
"Marc Sorenson has written the first comprehensive book about vitamin D for the lay public. This was no easy task, and he performed it well. The vitamin D steroid hormone system is involved in most organ systems, and vitamin D deficiency has been associated with depression, obesity, cancer, heart disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, chronic pain, poor physical performance, and a host of autoimmune diseases. Adequate amounts of vitamin D, and this may mean 5,000 units a day for many people, is the closest thing to a panacea any of us will see in our lifetime. Marc deserves congratulations for tackling a difficult subject and making it understandable for the lay reader. I highly recommend this book."—John Cannell, MD, Executive Director of The Vitamin D Council, Inc.
"Are you a sun-phobe? Does the mere thought of going outside cause you to feverishly protect yourself with an armor of sunscreen? Do you feel guilty and wonder why the intense touch of your supposed enemy actually makes you feel good?
Vitamin D3 and Solar Power
, by Dr. Marc Sorenson, comprehensively explains why being sun-phobic is the real danger. Complete with mortality maps and graphs, the book convincingly documents how low sunlight exposure significantly increases the risk of breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, and many other life-threatening diseases. Knowledge is power, and Vitamin D3 and Solar Power is no exception. Read it, and you will bask in the light without fear or guilt."—Shira Miller, MD, Integrative Medicine, Emeryville, California
Size: 5˝" x 8˝".
Marc Sorenson, EdD and his wife, Vicki, founded and operated one of the top health resorts in the world, the National Institute of Fitness (NIF). Their clients lost a combined 110 tons of fat. Some 2/3 of diabetic guests were free of all medication in less than 2 weeks, and many others recovered from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lupus, arthritis, migraines, and allergies.
Dr. Sorenson received his doctorate in education and health education from Brigham Young University, where he graduated as a member of the Phi Kappa Phi honor society. His book,
Megahealth, was a selection of the Literary Guild, Doubleday Book Club, and Doubleday Health Book Club.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Foreword by William Grant, PhD
- Author's Preface
- Section 1: Background Material
- Chapter 1: Sunlight, vitamin D and health: history and function
- Chapter 2: Seasons and Sunlight
- Chapter 3: Free radicals and antioxidants
- Chapter 4: Solar Power, dietary fat and skin cancer
- Chapter 5: Solar Power and melanoma: burned by sunscreens?
- Section 2: Solar Power and prevention of Deadly Cancers
- Chapter 6: How Solar Power prevents cancer
- Chapter 7: Solar Power, breast cancer and other women's cancers
- Chapter 8: Sunlight, vitamin D and prostate cancer
- Chapter 9: Solar Power, colon cancer and other internal cancers
- Section 3: Solar Power and other major diseases and health issues
- Chapter 10: Boning up: Solar power, osteoporosis, falls, arthritis and pain
- Chapter 11: Sunlight reduces the risk of multiple sclerosis
- Chapter 12: Solar Power, diabetes and autoimmune diseases
- Chapter 13: Solar Power, heart disease and high blood pressure
- Chapter 14: Solar Power and a potpourri of health concerns
- Chapter 15: Solar Power fights depression and other mental disorders
- Chapter 16: Solar Power and African Americans
- Chapter 17: Tanning beds as health-promoting devices
- Chapter 18: Summary
- Suggestions for further reading and other resources
- A Tribute to William Grant, PhD
- About the Author