This book will educate and inspire you to realize the infinite care and detail to which the Creator has gone to provide the medicines we need to heal and maintain our health. It is not for us to create these healing substances. God did that already. It is for us to tune in with his wisdom and his will and to educate ourselves in how to restore our wellness and maintain our health by the use of his natural creations. Among these divine gifts are the oils of plants. God made them and gave us the intelligence to discover and learn how to use them.
This book documents more than 500 scriptural references to 33 species of essential oils, their use, and the plants from which they were derived in biblical times. David Stewart, PhD, DNM, a former United Methodist pastor and university professor, also presents the scientific basis for anointing with oil as a healing method taught by Jesus to his disciples and practiced by early Christians. The book concludes with complete instructions and notes for a biblical oils rogram you can do in our local community. Thoroughly indexed.
"Wow! Dr. Stewart has done a fantastic job of getting tons of information into one great resource for anyone using oils. The appendices are fantastic. So rich, so thorough. I got so excited, I had to get out my scriptural oils and start anointing myself. I kept my blend of Exodus oils in my pocket the whole time I read the book. Dr. Stewart outlines a great Bible oils program that you can do in your community. Anyone could do the program with this helpful text. Even me. I learned so much! What a great book!"—Jacquelyn Close, RA, Jackson, Missouri
"Most enjoyable. Easy to read. Very objective. Presents modern-day applications of essential oils and their use in scriptural times. A good book for ministers to gain a perspective on anointing with oils. I was amazed at the comprehensive research Dr. Stewart has done. Very thorough. So much wonderful material."—Rev. Don Bleyle, United Methodist pastor, Lakewood, Colorado
Size: 6" x 9".
David Stewart, PhD, DNM, studied theology, philosophy, and English at Central Methodist College in Fayette, Missouri (1955-58) and studied chemistry, biology and social sciences at Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg (1962-63). He also studied commercial photography at Los Angeles Trade Technical College (1959-60). He completed a bachelor's degree in mathematics and physics at Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy in 1965 and was salutatorian of his graduating class. His master's and doctoral degrees are in geophysics (theoretical seismology) from the University of Missouri at Rolla, 1969 and 1971, respectively.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Intro: Healing vs. the Practice of Medicine
- Chapter 1: God: The First Aromatherapist
- Chapter 2: How and Why Oils Can Heal
- Chapter 3: Atheistic Medicine & Priesthood of Healing
- Chapter 4: The Biblical Meaning of Anointment
- Chapter 5: How Many bible References to Oil
- Chapter 6: Oils of Joy
- Chapter 7: The Balm of Gilead
- Chapter 8: Roses of the Holy Land
- Chapter 9: The Cedars of Lebanon
- Chapter 10: Myrrh: the Most Popular Oil of the Bible
- Chapter 11: Olive: The Other Healing Oil of the Bible
- Chapter 12: Extracting Essences in Biblical Times
- Chapter 13: Oils that Heal vs. Oils that Don't
- Chapter 14: A Bible Oils Program You Can Do
- Appendix A: Catalogue of Biblical Oils
- Appendix B: Catalogue of Apocryphal Oils
- Appendix C: Oils of Bible Times Not Mentioned
- Appendix D: Olive and Other Fatty Oils
- Appendix E: Seventh Heaven
- Appendix F: Principal Oils of Ancient Scripture
- About the Author