The very latest information on what to eat, what to avoid, problems with chemicals, supplements that help, non-dietary approaches, reasons for ADD/ADHD and more!
The symptoms - possibly including, but not limited to: short attention span, memory lapse, irritability, anxiety, poor motor control, withdrawn behavior, maldigestion, difficulty communicating, inability to focus, talking too loud and too fast, inability to follow directions, sit still or listen, learning difficulties.
Possible contributing factor: food allergies, chemical sensitivity, vitamin or mineral deficiencies, amino acid insufficiency, spinal misalignment, stress on the central nervous system and more.
- Is there a connection between chemical fumes and learning ability?
- Can maldigestion contribute to behavior problems?
- What is commonly misdiagnosed as ADD or ADHD?
- Can diet contribute to fatigue and depression?
- What really is ADD/ADHD?
- Is the problem hereditary?
"This important book, The A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. Diet, will provide the type of answers that are needed to make an informed choice for safer, better, easier and less expensive treatments for ADD and ADHD."
- Doris J. Rapp, M.D., Clinical Asst. Professor of Pediatrics SUNYAB, author of Is This Your Child's World?
"My patients always value alternative therapies and referring them to this book makes my job much easier."
- Esteban A. Genao, M.D., pediatrician
"Conventional therapies normally address only the symptoms of an illness, not the cause. It is clear they are not the answer in the long run. Addressing the cause of A.D.D. is the first big step. Nutrition is a major key and The A.D.D. and A.D.H.D. Diet is richly filled with specific ways to build a healthy diet for the child or the adult affected by this disorder. This book is an enlightened and important contribution to giving children and adults diagnosed with A.D.D. or A.D.H.D. the gift of a quality life."
- Linda Rector Pace, N.D., Ph.D. author of Healthy-Healing - An Alternative Healing Reference
Purpose: Education. (Learn more about the difference between Marketing and Education materials.)
Size: 86 pages; 9"x 6".
Published in 2006.
Rachel Bell has worked with children and adolescents in varying capacities for twenty years. She has collaborated with Dr. Peiper and Nina Anderson on the well-known booklet, A.D.D., The Natural approach. Rachel is currently a teacher in California and has been schooled in macrobiotic cooking at the Kushi Institute.
Dr. Howard Peiperis a doctor of naturopathic medicine. While beginning his career in optometry, he was immediately drawn to the field of alternative health. In 1972, he received his degree in Naturopathy. After a decade in private practice, Dr. Peiper moved on to become a successful consultant, speaker, and writer. Over the years, his cutting-edge articles have appeared in numerous medical journals and magazines. He also serves on the medical advisory board for several nutritional companies. Dr. Peiper has written several bestselling titles including The Add & ADHD Diet! and New Hope for Serious Diseases. He is a frequent guest speaker on radio and television and has hosted his own shows including the award-winning TV show, Partners in Healing. Currently, Dr. Peiper lives in Southern California and continues to travel and lecture throughout the world.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1. If You Want Something Different, You've Got to Do Something Different
- Chapter 2. Going Through The Open Door
- Chapter 3. "But Why Do I Have ADD?"
- Chapter 4. The First Step Toward Changing Your Diet
- Chapter 5. What Should You Eat?
- Chapter 6. Tasty Recipes
- Chapter 7. The Importance of Detoxifying
- Chapter 8. Supplements That We Need
- Chapter 9. Nutrients That Help A.D.D. & A.D.H.D.
- Chapter 10. Non-Dietary Approaches to A.D.D./A.D.H.D.
- Resource Directory
- About the Author