This essential oil reference book by D. Gary Young is a must have for those who are serious about therapeutic application of pure essential oils. Dr. Young combines years of scientific research on the use and application of essential oils, and blends it into an easy to use guidebook. This book includes detailed instructions on how to apply the oils, information on Gary Young's journeys across the world, and recipes for 25 special oil blends.
"Over the last five years I have come to experience first-hand the power and therapeutic potential of pure essential oils. Now at last, the clinical experience of one of the leading North American experts has been made available to the general public...The information in this book could save your family's life."
Carolyn DeMarco, MD - Physician and author
"This wonderfully informative new book on the science behind the therapeutic use of essential oils removes any doubt that D. Gary Young ... is the leading US authority on essential oil therapy. Over years of working with patients withdrawing from addictive substances, I have found therapeutic-grade essential oils to be a critical element in restoring both mental and physical well-being."
Ann Blake Tracy, PhD - Executive Director, International Coalition for Drug Awareness
"This Book is a must read for all health care professionals as well as anyone with health problems. The results I have witnessed by using essential oils in my medical consultation practice have been incredible!"
Terry S. Friedmann, MD, ABHM - Physician and author
"The Essential Oils Integrative Medical Guide is an incredible, much needed, self-help guide to natural healing through the use of essential oils. Health is an essential element in personal empowerment and this manual provides the ability to control one's own health destiny. A must for every household."
Carolyn L. Mein, DC - Clinician, lecturer and author
From centuries-old practices to modern times, Gary Young clearly presents the safe and effective use of essential oils for today's physical and psychological challenges....If you are looking for unvarnished truth and the best available guidance on essential oils, this book is unequivocally the best resource to have in your home."
Sabina DeVita, EdD, RNCP - Psychologist and author
"I am pleased to recommend this essential oil book to all health-minded people, be they medical professionals or simply consumers seeking a more natural means of healthcare."
Ronald M. Lawrence, MD, PhD - Physician, lecturer and author
D. Gary Young has made tremendous contributions to the rebirth of essential oils in North America. One of the pioneers in researching, cultivating, and distilling essential oils, he has spent decades conducting clinical research on the ability of therapeutic essential oils to combat disease and improve health. He has developed his own methods of application from which thousands of people have benefited.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section I: Background, Chemistry, Safety
- Chapter 1: Essential Oils: The Missing Link in Modern Medicine
- Chapter 2: How Do Essential Oils Work?
- Chapter 3: The Chemistry of Essential Oils
- Chapter 4: How to Safely Use Essential Oils
- Chapter 5: Cleansing
- Chapter 6: Producing Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils
- Section II: Single Oils/Hydrosols (Floral Waters)
- Chapter 7: Single Oils
- Chapter 8: Hydrosols (Floral Waters)
- Section III: Blends
- Chapter 9: Oil Blends
- Section IV: Vita Flex/Raindrop/Auricular/Emotional Response/Longevity
- Chapter 10: Vita Flex Technique
- Chapter 11: Raindrop Technique
- Chapter 12: Lymphatic Pump
- Chapter 13: Auricular Aroma Technique
- Chapter 14: Emotional Response and Essential Oils
- Chapter 15: Longevity and Essential Oils
- Section V: Application Methods/Reference Guide
- Chapter 16: Application Methods/Reference Guide
- Section VI: References/Appendices/Index